If you’re like most homeowners, your garbage disposal gets a lot of use. Whether you’re chopping up vegetables for a dish or scraping plates clean after dinner, your disposal is probably one of your most-used kitchen tools. Here are five tips to help you get the most out of your garbage disposal in Jacksonville, NC:
1) Be careful with what you put down there. Stringy vegetables and fruit, grease, fat, and bones can all cause problems with your disposal.
2) Run water while the disposal is running to keep it cool and help things move along smoothly.
3) Avoid putting large amounts of food down at once – give it time to chop/grind up before adding more.
4) Use citrus peels or ice cubes to clean the disposal and remove odors.
5) Regularly descale the disposer using vinegar and baking soda to keep it running smoothly.
Follow these tips and your garbage disposal should give you years of trouble-free service. If you do run into problems, however, the team at Wild Water Plumbing is always here to help. We are a reliable 24 hours emergency plumber in Topsail Beach, NC, and surrounding areas and we’re always just a phone call away.
We also provide other services such as drain cleaning, water heater repair and replacement, and sump pump installation in Richlands, NC. When you call us and schedule an appointment, we will come to your home or office and give you a free estimate. We will then schedule a time that is convenient for you to come and do the job. We show up on time and get the job done quickly and efficiently. We also clean up after ourselves so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Give us a call today at 703-586-7025 to schedule an appointment!