If you’ve been noticing a leaky faucet in your home, it’s important not to ignore it. Here are five reasons why you should fix that leaky faucet as soon as possible.
1) A leaky faucet can waste a lot of water – up to 20 gallons per day! This can add up quickly to your water bill and contribute to higher water usage rates for everyone.
2) Fixing a leaky faucet is easy and inexpensive – often, a new washer or O-ring is all that’s needed.
3) A leaky faucet can lead to mold growth, especially if the water isn’t getting dried up quickly. Mold can cause serious health problems, so it’s best to nip any potential problems in the bud.
4) A leaky faucet can corrode metal parts over time, which will lead to even more leaks and eventually require expensive repairs.
5) Leaky faucets are often a sign of other plumbing problems that need attention. Fixing the underlying problem will save you money and headaches down the road.
So if you’ve been ignoring that pesky leaky faucet, it’s time to take care of it before it causes more damage! When you approach the Wild Water Plumbing team for leaking taps or faucet repair in Jacksonville, NC, you can rest assured that the issue will be fixed promptly and efficiently.
What Are Some Of The Causes Of A Leaky Faucet?
There are numerous causes of a leaky faucet.
- Worn-out washers- Over time, the washers in your faucet will become worn out and no longer provide a tight seal. This can cause water to seep through, resulting in a leaky faucet.
- Loose packing nuts- The packing nuts help to secure the valve stem in place. If these become loose, it can allow water to escape, resulting in a leaky faucet.
- Damaged O-rings- The O-rings are responsible for providing a watertight seal between the valve seat and the valve stem. If these become damaged, it can allow water to leak through.
- Corroded valves- Over time, the valves in your faucet can become corroded. This can cause water to seep through, resulting in a leaky faucet.
If you’re experiencing a leaky faucet, it’s important to determine the cause so that you can fix it properly. Otherwise, you may end up with a much bigger problem on your hands.
Schedule An Appointment With Wild Water Plumbing Experts For The Best Local Plumber Services In Jacksonville, NC
At Wild Water Plumbing, we can help you diagnose and fix your leaky faucet in your Jacksonville, NC home. We have a team of experienced and certified plumbers who can help you with all your plumbing needs. Contact us today at 910-750-2312 to schedule a consultation.