If you’re ready to embark on the task of toilet installation, then you’d best arm yourself with good information. Installing a toilet isn’t something that every homeowner is comfortable doing, and it requires time, effort, and specialized tools to get it done correctly and safely. That said if you think you have what it takes or have considered hiring professionals for toilet installation in Jacksonville, NC, then read on!
In this blog post, we’ll look at some of the most common mistakes homeowners make when installing a new toilet in their homes; helping ensure your project is successful while preventing discomfort or potential damages that could occur from an improper installation.
- Failing to Read the Instructions: Toilet installation is no exception. The manufacturer’s instructions are there for a reason and should be followed carefully in order to ensure that your toilet is installed correctly and safely.
- Installing on an Inclined Floor: An important aspect of proper toilet installation is having a level floor beneath the toilet. If the floor is too much in one direction, it can lead to poor flushing performance, leakage, and even rocking of the bowl. Therefore, before you start your installation process make sure to level the area with a spirit level first.
- Installing Too Close to Walls: This mistake should be avoided at all costs as it can create a gap between the toilet and the wall that cannot be fixed. Make sure to leave 10-12 inches of space between the toilet and any walls for easy cleaning. The toilet repair cost in Richlands, NC can be expensive when it comes to correcting this mistake.
- Over-tightening the Holding Bolts: This is a common error made by novice installers, and usually happens when someone fails to properly read the installation instructions. Make sure that you don’t over-tighten the holding bolts as it can damage your toilet or even worse cause it to break.
- Failing to Replace the Wax Ring: It’s easy to overlook but one of the most important steps in toilet installation is replacing the wax ring. This allows for a water-tight seal between your toilet and drains pipe.
These are five mistakes to watch out for when it comes to toilet installation. To guarantee professional results, consider hiring an experienced plumber for toilet installation in Jacksonville, NC.
At Wild Water Plumbing, we have the expertise and experience to professionally install your new toilet and also handle sump pump repair in Jacksonville, NC. We’ll make sure that all of the steps are completed correctly and pay attention to even the smallest details, ensuring a successful installation. Contact us today at 910-750-2312 for more information or to schedule an appointment.