DIY toilet leak repair can seem like a simple solution to fix the problem, but it can make matters worse. This article will explain why DIY toilet leak repairs in Jacksonville, NC can make the issue more difficult to solve in the long run and what you should do instead.
5 Top Causes of Leaks:
- Loose bolts – If the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl are loose, water can seep through.
- Cracked Tank or Bowl – If either the tank or bowl is cracked, it will cause leaking when in use and needs to be replaced.
- Flapper Issues – A damaged flapper valve will allow water to continually run into the toilet bowl, causing a leak.
- Corroded Parts – Over time parts such as nuts, bolts, and washers can become corroded and need to be replaced.
- Worn-Out Gaskets – If a gasket is worn out, it won’t form a proper seal causing water to leak out of the sides of the toilet tank.
Why DIY Repairs Should Be Avoided:
- The risk of injury – Toilet repair can be dangerous as it involves using tools and working with electrical components. It is best to leave the work to a professional who has the proper training and experience in completing these types of repairs safely.
- Extensive Damage – If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could end up causing further damage to your plumbing system which would require more extensive repairs that are much more costly than simply calling a professional in the first place.
- Wasting Time and Money – DIY toilet leak repair can often take longer than expected, meaning you’ve wasted precious time and money on something that didn’t fix the problem.
- Ineffective Solutions – If the issue is due to a broken or corroded part, then simply using a sealant will not be enough to repair the leak and will only provide temporary relief from the problem.
- Potential for Fire – If a repair is done incorrectly, it could result in an electrical fire which can be incredibly dangerous and costly.
What You Should Do Instead:
- Call a Professional Plumber – Calling a professional plumber in Jacksonville, NC is the best way to ensure that the problem is fixed correctly and quickly. A professional plumber has the training, tools, and experience required to identify and repair any issue you might be having with your toilet.
- Buy Replacement Parts – If you’re feeling confident in your ability to fix the leak yourself, consider purchasing replacement parts from a hardware store or online. This will save you time and reduce the risk of injury associated with attempting DIY repairs.
- Read Through Instructions – Before attempting any repairs, always make sure to read through the instructions carefully. This will ensure that you have a clear understanding of what needs to be done and how to do it safely.
DIY toilet leak repair can seem like a simple solution but it can make matters worse in the long run. It is important to understand why these repairs should be avoided and what you should do instead. Contacting a professional plumber is the best way to ensure that any issues with your toilet are fixed correctly and quickly.
Wild Water Plumbing provides experienced plumbing services throughout Jacksonville, NC. Our team of local plumbers has the knowledge and experience necessary to identify and repair any issue with your toilet quickly and efficiently.
Contact us today for reliable and affordable plumbing services in Jacksonville, NC.