Are you experiencing issues with your gas hot water heater in Jacksonville, NC? When it comes to home maintenance, this one can be easy to overlook because the effects of a broken system aren’t always immediately obvious. That doesn’t mean that the problems don’t exist – and they do get worse if left unchecked.
If you want to make sure that your water is safe and healthy, then pay attention! In this blog post, we’ll look at seven warning signs that indicate you may need a new gas hot water heater in Jacksonville, NC soon – from strange noises to discolored or smelly water coming from the taps.
1. Strange Noises: The most obvious warning sign is when your gas hot water heater starts to make strange noises. This could be anything from a low rumbling to a loud banging coming from the unit. If you hear these kinds of noises, it’s time to give an experienced plumber a call because something isn’t right inside.
2. Discolored or Smelly Water: Another symptom of an unhealthy gas hot water heater is discolored and smelly water coming out of the taps in your home. If you notice that the water has a yellow or brown tinge, then this means that rust is starting to corrode parts of the tank, and it won’t be long before serious damage is done.
3. Low Hot Water Pressure: A decrease in the hot water pressure is a sign that your gas hot water heater needs to be replaced. This is because the heating elements are wearing out and can’t provide enough heat to create strong water pressure.
4. Leaking Tank: If you notice any signs of leakage around your gas hot water heater, then this is an indication that it’s time for a new system. Even minor leaks can cause significant damage over time, leading to mold growth, structural problems, and more.
5. Age: The average lifespan of a gas hot water heater is about 8-12 years depending on how well it’s been maintained and the specific type of unit. If your Richlands, NC electric tankless water heater is nearing the end of its life, then it’s time to consider a replacement.
6. Rust Colored Water: This is another telltale sign that something isn’t right with your gas hot water heater – if you see rust-colored water coming out of the taps in your home, then corrosion has probably started internally and it’s time for a new system soon!
7. Heating Elements Wearing Out: Similar to low hot water pressure when the heating elements start wearing out they won’t be able to heat up the tank efficiently and this will cause you to have lukewarm or cold showers instead of hot ones. This is an indication that the system needs to be replaced.
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs or want to check in on your tankless water heater maintenance in Jacksonville, NC, then it’s time to call a professional plumber for help. They can assess the situation and advise you as to whether it’s better to repair or replace your unit. Don’t let a broken system put your health at risk – take action now and get back to enjoying safe and clean hot showers.
At Wild Water Plumbing, we provide professional gas hot water heater installation and repair services in Jacksonville, NC. We’ve been helping local homeowners with all of their plumbing needs for years and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Get in touch today at 703-586-7025 to schedule an appointment!